Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Down but not Out

I am a poet but what am I now?
A poet who has his head down.
It's been 3 months since I've started here.
I've lost my way and enveloped by fear.
Looking for a way out, it's not easy.
Even though it's spring. Its quite breezy.
I feel as if I am all over the place.
Days goes by and I am still making mistakes.
Feeling sad and failing my classes.
All these problems come at me in masses.
Losing faith in myself, nothing makes any sense.
I've failed this time, but I will do my work again.
Depression allows my thought to be misleading.
The problem lies within me.
The gates of hell try to pull me in.
I have come so far, I can't let the devil win.
There is good inside me, I know it is there.
Putting the doubts in a bag and let it float through the air.
I count my blessings and doing what I can.
I am not a little boy anymore, I stand now as a man.
Even if people think otherwise.
I am glad that I am alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment