Friday, February 1, 2013

Running for the Future



Wondering what the next day will bring?
Going to school each day and experiencing new things.
Observing groups of people talking and having fun.
Social experiment tells me I shouldn't talk to anyone.
Walking around so quietly not making a sound.
I go to that secluded place that is high above the ground.
At most times I do feel confused about who I am?
Looking at other folk, I can only do what I can.
I don't want to be like the rest of these guys.
Acting dumb to get laughs and always looking high.
I want to find a girl who isn't about looking all that.
A woman who actually cares and who doesn't mind sharing a snack.
Lending a hand when someone needs help.
Finding strength in myself.
Accepting my responsibility.
Not giving into the pressures of society.
Making the effort to pass my class.
Hoping to find clues to my unknown past.
One day I know my memory will return.
For now taking the time to live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment