Wednesday, October 31, 2012

After the storm

When you first meet me I am quiet and shy.
Even though I don't say much people wonder why.
At times, i see others having fun.
While I sit alone looking up at the sun.
Why should I be like everyone else?
I don't just stand around, I want to help.
Used to people calling me strange or weird.
Back then words like that brought out the tears.
Saying to myself what's wrong with me.
being different requires so much thinking.
Positive thinking brings out the best.
Talking about me, moving to the next.
If I stay behind, then I start to feel anger.
The warning sign in my head that reads, Danger.
Feeling the rush of the adrenalin.
At that point, I am not really going to listen.
Words are like swords, they cause wounds.
Wounds that are not going to heal any time soon.
My heart is pounding to the rhythm of a fast beat.
Got to control myself, allow my mind to be clean.
Betrayal reminds me of  former friends.
Its been one month now, they still don't understand.
Understand what term friendship means.
I was mad but now I want to be redeemed.
 It burns in my head but that fire has died down.
Tomorrow is a new day to smile not frown.
God leads me on this righteous path.
I yearn for peace within myself not wrath.




No comments:

Post a Comment