Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Home in the South

Going back home to the countryside.
Going by car, I don't mind the long drive.
From New York to Alabama takes half a day.
It is worth it, that is what I say.
All the states that we pass through.
Seeing mist over the mountains, man that's cool.
Stopping at truck stops for gas and snacks.
When I get there, I just relax.
When I wake up, I leave the house.
Not going far, I see a mouse.
It is really hot down here especially during July.
We get really bad storms with lightning pierces the sky.
All our neighbor are really far apart.
Learning to adapt is a good start.
Yea It's quiet down here and that's good thing.
I really don't like all that noise and company it brings.
Coming down here to see my grandmother.
She often tells me that we should help one another.
She really can't see all that great.
Watch out for holes, inside could be a snake.
Another why I come here is to heal.
Sitting in a tree or walking in a field.
Either one helps to calm my mind.
Keeping myself in line.
I go back up north feeling a lot more like me.
I don't need the city when I got my home in the Country.


No comments:

Post a Comment